Sunday, August 26, 2012

Getting back on track

So, today begins my quest to get back on track to eating healthier and exercising more. It occurred to me yesterday (after pigging out on fries and wings) that I have exactly 10 weeks until my sister's wedding. That's right people, 70 days to lose as much weight and inches as possible. I had every intention of using this entire year to work on my weight but as so many other things, I just got too busy, too lazy and lacked motivation. So now I find myself in somewhat of a panic mode. I don't want to be the fat bridesmaid, not to mention that I'm the maid of honor. I'm pissed at myself beyond words that I've let myself go this long. I could come up with a hundred excuses right now as to why I couldn't do it or why I put it off but that would be futile at this point. The funny thing is, is that I know HOW to lose weight; I have all the tools and skills. I've tried Nutrisystem and have been to a nutritionist twice with some results but somehow or another, I always go back to my old ways. I need to get focused and motivated, STAT!!! So from here until November 3rd, 2012, my blog will focus primarily of keeping track of my weight loss. I'll track how many calories I eat each day, weekly weight-ins and take pictures of my progress along the way. I'm going to keep my calories between 1200-1500 a day like I did when I was seeing a nutritionist. If I can get down 20 lbs by my sister's wedding I will be happy. I start going back to Zumba tomorrow and the plan is to go at least twice a week. I've never been much of a gym person so I will do some strength training at home and crunches every night. NO EXCUSES! I need all the motivation I can get so if you read my blog, feel free to post comments to help me along. I know I can do this!

Day 1

Surprisingly, today wasn't so bad. But, my head was in the game today too. I have some leftover nutrisystem meals from earlier in the year so I had nutrisystem cereal this morning for breakfast. I went to Isaac's for lunch with my Dad but because I knew he was coming up and where we were going, it was easier for me to plan ahead. I eat out a lot. Partly because it's easier and partly because there is no point cooking for one person. Anyway, there are always some good choices at restaurants to today I went with half a turkey and bacon sandwich with no mayo and no cheese. I substituted chips for a side salad with dressing on the side and ate half my cup of tomato soup. It was actually really filling. I didn't eat a snack until around 3 or 4 which was a banana and a small Greek yogurt. Dinner was a nutrisystem hamburger and a big yummy salad. All in all, today was pretty good. I'm a little hungry now and could definitely go for something sweet but I'm holding back. If I ate anything else I would go over my 1500 calories. I'm going to do a little strength training now with my dumbbells but I don't really burn a ton of calories doing that at home so I can't justify eating anything else. All of that said, I'm calling today a win. Go me!

Calories: 1363
Carbs:  153
Fat: 58
Protein:  60

Weight: 224 (yuck)
BMI: 41 (ugh)

No comments: