Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Skinny No-Bake Pies


So, the reason for making these pies came about because of two reasons. The first was that I had 3 packages of cream cheese from my sister's bridal shower in my fridge and I needed to use them up. The other was that I was craving something sweet and didn't want to go over on my daily calories. I had to find a recipe that could solve both problems. So of course, I went trolling on Pinterest. Soon enough I found two recipes for Skinny no-bake pies. One was a traditional cheesecake and other was pumpkin pie cheesecake. Both were around 150-200 calories a slice.

Here are the ingredients you'll need (minus the pie crust, I forgot to take a picture of that)

Basically, you throw all of this in a bowl and whip until smooth, pour into the pie crust and it will look like this! You do have to refrigerate for a few hours so it sets. I had this one tonight and it was really good. I would never have guessed it was low cal/low fat. Even Harrison wanted a bite!

 The cheesecake from Pinterest is from the following website: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/no-bake-cheesecake.html

No-Bake Cheesecake
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 8 • Size: 1 piece • Calories: 239 • Old Points: 5.25 pts • Points+: 6 pts

Ingredients:
8 oz whipped topping (I used Cool-Whip Lite)
8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
9 inch reduced fat Graham Cracker Crust
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice

Directions:
In a large bowl, whip cream cheese, lemon and sugar for a few minutes until fluffy.Add whipped topping and whip until smooth. Spoon mixture into pie crust and chill for a few hours, until firm.

For the pumpkin pie cheesecake, here are the ingredients (again, minus the pie crust)

And again, super easy; throw all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth. Refrigerate for a couple hours and you have a skinny Fall treat :)


I LOVE easy recipes. These are definitely worth making. It took me about a half hour to make both of these pies. I would definitely make these again!

The pumpkin pie cheesecake from Pinterest is from the following website: http://skinnymom.com/2011/11/15/skinny-pumpkin-cheesecake/

Prep Time: 10 minutes, Fridge Time: 2 hours, Servings: 10
One 15-ounce can pure pumpkin, not pie filling
One 8-ounce container Cool Whip Free
One 8-ounce container reduced-fat cream cheese (room temperature)
1-cup fat-free sour cream
1 low fat graham cracker crust
1 cup Splenda no calorie sweetener (granulated)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla extract

Combine cream cheese, Cool Whip, sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and Splenda. Stir until blended. Add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well until blended. Spoon mixture evenly into graham cracker crust. Top with crushed graham crackers, nuts, or whip cream (optional).Chill in the fridge for a few hours and serve.

Per Serving: Calories: 133, Fat: 3g, Carbs: 29, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugars: 8g, Protein: 5g

No comments: